Velvetech, LLC is an international company with 20 years of experience in development of both software and hardware for companies all around the world. Velvetech is an official Microsoft Gold Partner, listed in top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
Our clients are mostly in the USA. They are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, largest pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Our area of expertise is consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends built on top of dotnet core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ. Web front-ends are typically built with React and Angular. There is also a considerable amount of mobile development done in Swift, Kotlin, and Java. Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes. Modern CI/CD is made using Gitlab CI or Teamcity.
We follow Agile principles and Scrum and Kanban processes. Some of the projects are built with multiple coordinated teams. Collaboration is done in JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. The code is in Gitlab or Github.
We closely follow the trends in the technology world and actively cooperate with start-ups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA and AI.
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone achieves high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills, but also thanks to help and support of colleagues.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute functional tests to ensure product quality
The objective of this project Is to ensure the work of the Warehouse management system.
What we expect from you:
- Take participation in daily and other meetings
- Good analytical, communication, team-working skills, accuracy, attention to detail
- Trainability, motivation to get new knowledge and assiduity
- Track all bugs and communicate issues to ensure their resolution before the release
- Understanding of software’s life-cycle
- Knowledge of basic principles and methodology of testing
- Understanding of basic types of testing
- Successful functional and regression testing
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans, bug tracking and fixing control
- At least a year of manual testing (the more the better)
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Experience in using issue tracking system (we use JIRA)
- Experience in working by agile, understanding of specific features of testing on agile-projects
- Ability to work with test management tools.
Following will be a plus:
- Knowledge of SQL, mainly ability to write simple queries
- Experience with Swagger
- Understanding of working principles of applications on microservice architecture
- Experience in web and mobile testing
In this role, you will:
Work with a WMS module within which the rules/policies for item processing will be created. In particular, creating and testing rules for items management.
We are ready to provide the templates for creating consistent and clear documentation.
- growth and development on a dynamic project
- opportunity to cooperate with american designers, skill up UX/UI
- migration between projects
- possibility to work remotely
At Velvetech, we build a culture where people work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress and pursue perfection. Being a mix of like-minded professionals, we shape an innovative environment and focus on excellence at every stage of the development process.
Velvetech is a home for a close-knit family made up of more than 90 employees who work globally, covering various time zones and choosing the schedule of their preference. We appreciate high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty.
While enjoying our work, we turn challenges into advantages to share success with our colleagues. You’ll become a part of a friendly team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.
Why work at Velvetech:
- Fair compensation, benefits, and rewards. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications, and experience in our compensation package with an opportunity to reevaluate your contract in periodical performance reviews.
- Transparency and predictability. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, competitively, and in line with the rate based on your input, performance, and skill sets.
- Flexibility. We always consider your preferences — tech stack to use, location to work, and schedule to adhere to.
- An encouraging environment. We foster initiatives that lead to professional growth, team efficiency, and great project results.
- Strong engineering culture. 80% of our team is made up of senior developers, seasoned project managers, and team leads who’ve mastered the art of building elegant solutions.
- Professional development. We support Microsoft, AWS, Node.js, Creatio, IIBA certification programs, offer English language courses, and provide access to the online learning platform with software, DevOps, project management, design, and business knowledge base.